- Risk hai to Ishq hai? Should you invest directly in stocks?"Risk Hai To Ishq Hai," Nilesh quoted a trending dialogue from a recently-released web series on the Harshad Mehta scam. He added that he was fascinated by the returns his friends managed to pocket by investing in some mid cap and small cap stocks in the past few months.
- Why you need to look at index funds, ETFs nowIn the past two years various fund houses have introduced index funds and ETFs that bet on various indices and asset classes. ET takes a look at four equity index funds recommended by financial advisors.
- How to open an NPS account using eNPSThe individual needs to upload Aadhaar paperless offline e-kyc ZIP file. This file can be downloaded from the UIDAI website. The 4 character share code created at the UIDAI website also needs to be entered.
- Money invested in gold is money hoarded: Here's whyGold prices still respond to desolation and crisis in world markets. Any uncertainty in asset prices and the future, gold prices move up. However, beyond being the asset for distress, gold has nothing to claim for itself.
- Jindal Steel & Power with its power capacities, targeted management actions is this week's stock pickJindal Power has underutilised power capacities and this will help to boost its profitability once the economy picks up and power demand recovers. Reduction in consolidated debt is another factor that has made it a favourite of analysts.
- MF portfolio doctor: Datti must restart mutual fund SIPs, not invest in lump sumGanapathi Datti is saving for his daughters’ education and marriage. Here’s what the mutual fund portfolio doctor has advised, based on the performance of the funds, the risk profile of this investor as well as her financial goals.